Our manufacturing processes are based on sound environmental practices, designed to lessen the impact of our business on the environment. We adhere to the Minerals and Mine, Health and Safety Acts.
The key activities in the quarrying and manufacturing operations that contribute to sustainable development:
- Operations are located in rural and semi-rural areas, to provide long term employment to neighbouring communities.
- Social and labour plans exist for operations within the framework of the New Order Mining Rights.
- An approved Environmental Management Plan for each quarry and process, which provides for its rehabilitation and reuse as a nature reserve around a pollution free dam, recreational area, landfill use or land for commercial/residential development.
Corobrik aims to reduce its carbon footprint by being as energy efficient as possible during the manufacture and delivery of products, as well as using cleaner burning fuel:
- Six factories are fired on natural gas with further conversions to natural gas under investigation.
- Corobrik is far advanced with SANS14001 environmental management system certification at its operations.
- Clay Brick Construction - Pre-eminent in the Sustainability Stakes
- Corobrik - Going Green
- Corobrik and the Environment
- Corobrik Environmental Management Manual
- Corobrik Environmental Sustainability Profile
- Corobrik - Sustainability Report
- Corobrik Safety, Health and Environmental Policy
- Energy Efficiency
- Green Building Council Certificate
- Health Aspects in Buildings